Random Food Facts
1. Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries.
2. There are over 1000 types of apples.
3. The average banana travels 4,000 miles before being eaten by a person.
4. Honey is the only food edible to humans that will never go bad.
5. Fast food restaurants use yellow, red, and orange because those are the colors that stimulate hunger.
6. In japan, the most popular topping for a Dominos pizza is squid.
7. Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
8. Ketchup was made for use of a drug, not a condiment.
9. The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year.
10. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
11. During the average persons life, they will consume around 60,000 pounds of food.
12. Coca-Cola was originally colored green.
13. Apples are more efficient than caffeine at waking you up in the morning.
14. You’ll eat around 35,000 cookies in a life time.
15. Almonds are a member of the peach family.
16. Did you know that FDA laws allow for an average of 30 insect fragments per 100 grams of peanut butter? Pretty gross right.
17. If you didn’t know then listen UP! ===> Most fast food salads contains chemicals used in antifreeze.
18. Phosphoric acid is the ONE ingredient that keeps you from vomiting while drinking Coca -Cola!
19. Did you know that various viruses can be found on processed lunchmeat? YUCK!
20. Smelling bananas and/or green apples (no not eating but smelling) can help you lose weight!
21. Did you know that when you eat lemons it increases your life span? Lets starts munching down on them then!
22. Eating one meal of fish a week reduces your risk of catching a heart attack by 50%!
23. Orange juice naturally contains a small amount of alcohol.
24. Did you know that lettuce is a member of the sunflower family?
25. Studies found thad 50% of fountain drink dispensers are contaminated with fecal matter.
26. Chocolate can kill dogs if consumed. It directly affects their heart and nervous systems.
27. To prevent bananas from from turning brown, put them in the refrigerator.
28. Apples are about 25% air, this is why they float in water.
29. The average american will eat the equivalent of 28 pigs in a lifetime.
30. bananas contain a natural chemical that makes a person happy.
31. Cinnamon lowers a persons blood sugar.
32. grapes are grown throughout the world more that any other fruit.
33. Bacon can help cure a hangover.
34. Apple sauce can be substituted as oil in cake can muffin recipes.
35. Ginger has been known to boost your metabolism.
36. Dry swallowing one teaspoon of sugar can cure hiccups.
37. Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside.
38. Eating at least a half of orange a day reduces the chances of getting a heart attack by 50%
39. Coffee is the worlds most recognizable smell.
40. A honey bee must tap about 2 million flowers to produce one pound of honey.
41. The average adult eats about 2,000 pounds of food each year.
42. The pound cake got its name from the one pound of butter that it contains.
43. Broccoli is a food with the best anti cancer properties.
44. They make square watermelon in japan so tat they can stack better.
45. Almonds are a member of the peach family.
46. Ketchup was originally created for the us of a drug, not a condiment.
47. Americans on average eat about 18 acres of pizza every day.
48. Carrots have zero fat content.
49. Meat production causes 1/5 of the global greenhouse gases
50. Their are more that 10,000 varieties of tomato’s.
51. Temperature can effect your appetite, a cold person is more likely to eat more than a warmer one.
52. Two bananas will provide you with enough energy for an intense 90 minute workout.
53. Honey is the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life.
756 total views, 6 views today